The whole approach of the LIFE DUERO rests on a fundamental premise: it will be impossible to achieve the proposed objectives without a well-informed public opinion that supports its actions. respalde sus acciones.
The complexity of a project that integrates socio-economic reality, water management and struggle against the consequences of climate change requires an unprecedented communication effort.
The progressive introduction of alternative crops involves a profound transformation of the productive framework that must be supported by information and training campaigns for farmers.
For its part, the correct management of water, thanks to new technologies, requires a period of implementation in which the exchange of information between farmers and technicians is crucial.
Even the measures of recovery of the beds, whose benefits are already well known after several decades of actions in this regard, require a communicative effort on the part of the project, capable not only of obtaining support from society, but also of forming a public opinion that demands such measures from the Administration.
In short, the LIFE DUERO Communication Plan has a triple component:
- Inform properly of how many actions are carried out.
- Train field professionals in the choice of crops and technology implementation
- Train public opinion to support and demand the most effective and sustainable measures in water management.
- A logo
- Establishment and maintenance of a web site to publicize the proceedings conducted and the results obtained.
- Nomination of the Community manager ✔
- End of the works for the definition of the corporate identity. ✔
- Begin of the works of external assistance for website design and maintenance. ✔
- Inauguration of the project’s website ✔
- End of the works of external assistance for website design and maintenance
- End of the updating website Works
According to LIFE Integrated projects regulations, project’s proposals shall include actions to ensure project's replicability and transferability during and after its implementation.
This Project aims to increase social awareness and acceptance of the benefits of protecting the environment, the project must include a significant set of actions to disseminate the results of the project so that the knowledge gained is actively communicated to those targeted stakeholders that may best make use of it and apply the lessons from the Project.
- Successful divulgation of the project objectives and results.
- Keep informed about progress of the project to beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Use the internal communication plan as a suggestion box in order to collect ideas and / or proposals from other stakeholders.
- Create a dynamic of internal communication that improves the work environment.
- End of the works of external assistance for the definition of the communication plan ✔
- End of the works of external assistance for the updating of the communication plan
The aim of this plan is the creation of awareness on the value of preventing further deterioration of wáter and its related ecosystems, as well as a sustainable, resilient and efficient use of wáter.
Public participation and stakeholder engagement is the process by which an organization consults with interested or affected individuals, organizations, and government entities before making a decision.
- Real participation of citizens and stakeholders (specific groups identified) in an active and effective way in planning processes, increasing the interaction and dialogue between public authorities and citizens.
- Increasing transparency in the proceedings.
- Obtaining information provided by the citizens and stakeholders.
- Identify and explore the preferences of the population.
- Identify also the main concerns of the population.
- Detect in conjunction with citizens and users aspects that need improvement in relation to the Project design and project objectives.
- ncrease awareness of the project's objectives of direct stakeholders such as farmers and municipal managers, as well as the nearest school population range.
- Encourage volunteerism in the local population.
- Increase knowledge on the general problems of ecosystems and the importance of conservation.
- Improve knowledge on natural resources for the different audiences, the importance of conservation issues and conservation efforts to ensure the quality and quantity of results from the LIFE Integrated projects, thus achieving greater involvement of society and stakeholders in the conservation of biodiversity.
- 90 School workshops / At least 1.500 students.
- 45 River schools / Visits to the project area within the river school program
- 18 School for mayors
- 27 informative sessions for riparian owners
- 18 Public participation workshops
- Visit 73 villages with the communication truck
- 27 information sessions carried out by the Provincial Council of Ávila
- 15 topics to be developed in the information sessions organised by the Provincial Council
- End of the public participation campaign foreseen by Action A.1.
- End of the works for the definition of Public participation and stakeholder engagement and awareness plan. ✔
- Begin of Public participation and stakeholder engagement and awareness plan activities of the communication truck. ✔
- End of Public participation and stakeholder engagement and awareness plan activities.
Land stewardship is a strategy to involve landowners and users (farmers, foresters, shepherds, hunters, fishers, recreationalists) in the conservation of nature and landscape, with support by a wide range of civil society groups.
Through the implementation of voluntary agreements between landowners/users and land stewardship organisations, nature, biodiversity, ecological integrity and landscape values will be maintained and restored.
- A greater involvement and responsibility in society with regard to conservation and biodiversity protection from the perspective of sustainable development so that these objectives are achieved.
- We will seek additional institutional support e.g. from the collaboration with non-profit organizations’, thus together aiming at developing numerous custody projects and initiatives, in order to share knowledge, experiences, best practices and lessons learned.
- Public-private joint collaboration will be attained to achieve water quality improvements.
- It is also aimed to improve the presence of birds species in the wetlands by improving the hábitat conditions to allow its reproduction.
- Start organised activities with stakeholders.
- Sign the first stewardship agreement for wetlands.
The river Duero basin is shared with the Portuguese State and affected by a series of commitments established for a formal cooperation between the two countries through the Convention on Cooperation for the Protection and Sustainable Use of Water Watershed Hispano-Portuguese international basin, fact ad referendum in Albufeira, November 30, 1998, in force since 17 January 2000, more commonly known as Albufeira Convention.
The purpose of the Convention is to define the framework for cooperation between the parties for the protection of surface water and groundwater and the aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems directly dependent on them, as well as for the sustainable use of water resources in river basins shared by the two countries.
- Contact with other experiences that will enhance the chances of success of the project and disseminate it, all this sustained in the mechanism for exchanging information with other similar projects. Some of the contacts will be via internet, but others will be made in person by attending conferences, seminars, etc.
Begin of the works of coordination with other EU projects and transnational collaboration ✔
In order to achieve project's replicability during and after its implementation, many communication materials and tools will be used.
- 2.000 leaflets published in each of the three campaigns.
- 15 vídeos.
- 3 specific videos about the main actions of this IP project
- Drone flights over the three rivers (about 130 km)
- 73 information panels.
- Different merchandising material, associating the brand with favourable actions for the environment.
- 3.000 synthesis documents
- 1.500 Layman`s reports
- 200 submissions of information to businesses and environmental groups.
- 1st phase leaflets. ✔
- 1st phase videos ✔
- Video on the results achieved in the project.
In these days, an exchange of valuable experiences for the purpose of knowledge and economic cost will occur, so that attending one of these sessions can provide with information that would mean many working hours and would require large budgets. The goal of everyone attending these meetings is concrete, to increase their knowledge of the issues surrounding the project, and therefore the data provided must be public to globalize.
- Perform 15 technical seminars.
- 600 copies of technical publications.
- Edition of technical publications.
This action aims to increase social awareness and acceptance of the benefits of protecting the environment, the project must include a significant set of actions to promote the participation of citizens and stakeholders in an active and effective way in planning processes, increasing the interaction and dialogue between public authorities, citizens and stakeholders.
- Check the effectiveness of the Public participation and stakeholder engagement activities planned.
- Assess the level of participation and involvement of each target group in the implementation of the project.
- 1st overall assessment of the Public participation and stakeholder engagement actions. ✔
- 2nd overall assessment of the Public participation and stakeholder engagement actions.
- Final overall assessment of the Public participation and stakeholder engagement actions.