The size of the project and the different types of actions to be carried out make it necessary to implement a management process that encompasses both the work that directly affects the natural environment and all those that deal with administrative and financial aspects. To this end, there are a series of actions specific to the project that will enable the project's evolution to be efficiently monitored by establishing a series of reference indicators for its follow-up.
The main objective of this preparatory action is to know the initial situation (baseline) from which the project starts and establish the reference indicators that will be used to monitor the project. The reference conditions allow analyzing and evaluating the grade of implementation of the different actions, and having representative indicators for measuring and evaluating that grade is needed for the proper monitoring of the Project.
- Reports about the current status of surface and groundwater bodies.
- Obtain knowledge of the project baseline on the most relevant reference indicators
- Obtain a list of indicators to assess the impact of the project for different levels or categories.
- A5 – Final report of definition and establishment of the reference indicators for the monitoring of the project ↓
- A5 – Final report of definition and establishment of the reference indicators ↓
– End of the works of Assessment of the reference conditions (baseline) of the Project monitoring of the Project
Legislation on the matter of Environmental impact assessments to be applied during the implementation period of the project are the national Law 21/2013 and the regional Legislative Decree 1/2015. Both of them regulate the procedure to carry out the environmental impact assessments. A study of this law and a revision of the necessity or not to be submitted to environmental processing needs to be developed at the start of the project.
- Guarantee environmental or nature protection during the implementation of this IPE proposal by the way of ensuring all the requirements regarding Environmental Impact Assessments of the proposal are met and comply with the current legislation.
- Evaluation of the necessity of submitting the project to SEI. ✔
- End of the environment impact assessments of concrete actions.
This action aims to assess the socio-economic impact of the project actions on the local economy and population.
- A study consolidating the data and results over the project lifetime related to the socio-economic impact of the project's implementation, to be delivered with the Final Report.
- Finish of the evaluation of the ex ante scenario.
- Assessment of the socioeconomic impact of project's implementation.
This IP proposal identifies a list of specific indicators that will be used to measure the impacts of the project. These indicators have been selected with the principal purpose of being coherent with the plan being implemented (River Duero Basin Management Plan) and its objectives, with the problems addressed in this IP and with the type of activities planned.
- Monitoring of the progress of the overall implementation of the Duero RBMP in the project area.
- Obtain the indicator tables that must be submitted with the interim and final reports.
- Submission of the Indicator tables with 1st interim report. ✔
- Submission of the Indicator tables with 2nd interim report.
- Submission of the Indicator tables with the Final report.
The dimension of the project and the different typology of members composing the partnership Project makes it necessary to implement a management process that supports the project from the point of view of coordination of actions, as well as from an administrative and financial standpoint.
- Allow the execution of the high quality project.
- Signed partnership agreements.
- 5 committees of experts created.
- Nominations of the Project coordinator and Project manager. ✔
- Submission of the 1st interim report and request of interim payment. ✔
- Establishment of first Advisory Boards. ✔
- Submission of the 2nd interim report and request of interim payment.
- Submission of the Final report and cost claim.
The internal supervision of the work implemented in the ambit of this IP will be performed regularly by staff of CHD according to what is set in the standard ISO 9001 (Quality management systems) and ISO 14001 (Environmental management systems).
- The expected result of this action is to obtain a Monitoring Protocol of the Project procedures - Integrated quality and environment management system - which will allow the identification of the deficiencies of the working procedures and will result in the development of more efficient working practices.
- Definition of the Integrated quality and environment management system.
The Coordinating beneficiary will hire external services for the implementation of an independent financial audit, to check the condition of economic development of the project and the final report of expenditures and revenues. The audit of the accounts will be held at the time of the interim payment and project completion.
- Submission of the 1st Audit report.
- Submission of the 2nd Audit report.
- Submission of the Final Audit report.
The expected impact from the actions to be implemented through this project would go beyond its life-cycle. Indeed, some of the current measures being implemented e.g. to comply with the EU Water Framework Directive in relation to the status of water bodies it is now recognised will take time before their true impact can either be seen or even measured.
- Measure and document the effectiveness of the projected actions compared to the initial situation, objectives and expected results.
- Generate annual reports about the evolution of the results of the project after its end date.
- Obtain conclusions about the effectiveness of concrete actions undertaken in the scope of the project and possible upgrades.