THE XXI CENTURY AGRICULTURE
As a central axis of the LIFE IP DUERO project the alternative crop plan seeks to adapt the socioeconomic framework to the challenges posed by 21st century agriculture. To advise the professionals of the field, the project puts at their disposal the work of experts in the choice of alternative crops to the current ones, so that all the objectives pursued by the LIFE-IP RBMP-DUERO referred to a production unit are met (hectare):
- Water consumption decrease.
- Products with a real and growing commercialization.
- Productivity increase.
- Implementation of resilient species, more resistant to climate change.
- Increase in CO2 collecting.
- That allows a conservative use of the soil. Decrease of the ecological trace.
- Circular economy and auxiliary industry.
Check the latest articles on the subject.